Locally Trained Nurse
The requirements for registration are as follows:
- Two (2) passport size photos in natural hair, this means that no hair extensions
- Original documents of Grade 12 certificate, National Registration Card and Marriage Certificate for those who are married.
- Certified photocopies of Grade 12 certificate, National Registration Card and Marriage Certificate.
- Registration fee
- Basic Nursing programmes – Registered Nurses, Registered Mental Health Nurses @ K680.00 ; Certified Midwives @ 630.00; Enrolled Nurses @ K630.00.
- Post basic Nursing programmes – Registered Midwives @ K630.00, Enrolled Midwives, Operating Theater Nurses and Clinical Instructor Nurses @K720.00.
- Internship Checklist K90.00 (For Certified Midwives only)
- Professional code of conduct K40.00.
- The Nurses and Midwives Act K30.00.
- Professional Regulatory Framework K30.00.
- Lamination and photocopying K 15.00.
- CPD log book K50.00
- Badge K70.00
- New registration Application Form
Foreign Trained Nurses
The following are the requirements for registration with General Nursing Council of Zambia as a Foreign Trained Nurse (FTN);
- Download an Application Form
- Certified copies of High School Certificates or Diploma or its equivalent.
- Certified copies of Professional qualifications such as Certificates, Diplomas, Degree whichever may be applicable.
- A copy of the updated Curriculum vitae
- A certified copy of a National Passport
- A certified copy of an academic transcript where applicable.
- A copy of registration certificate with the local regulatory body in your home country.
- A certified copy of Practicing License of Practicing Certificate whichever is applicable.
- 2 passport size photos in natural hair without make up or jewelry.
- Bring the original certificate when coming to be re-registered.
Send your application to;
General Nursing Council of Zambia
Plot 171 Luanshya Road
P. O. Box 33521
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com